From: kilgallen@eisner.decus.org (Larry Kilgallen)
Subject: Re: Automatic Test Code Generator
Date: 1996/11/27
Date: 1996-11-27T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <329C05F3.182C@lmtas.lmco.com>, Ken Garlington <garlingtonke@lmtas.lmco.com> writes:
> Larry Kilgallen wrote:
>>
>> In article <57ffin$il@mill.gdls.com>, schwarza@gdls.com (Art Schwarz) writes:
>> > I'm trying to find a test case generator for Ada.
>>
>> > [2] The test cases should be able to exercise
>> >     each instruction (not each path).

> If, by "statement", the original request was referring to Ada
> statements, there are probably test case generators available.

But the term I quoted was "instruction", which to me indicates he
was talking about the machine language level.

And in self-defense against any language lawyers in the crowd,
I just looked up "instruction" in the Ada95 RM Index and did
not find it had some other Ada-specific meaning :-).

Of course if he means "statement" then addressing the problem at
the Ada level is tractable (though perhaps only by human effort).

Larry Kilgallen