From: tannen@dudley.geg.mot.com (David Tannen)
Subject: Re: Tasks vs Task Types
Date: 1996/05/10
Date: 1996-05-10T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

>>>What is the difference between Tasks and Task Types?
>>
>>You can instantiate a generic w/ a task type but not with a task 8-).
>>(Think of the possibilities - link list of tasks <G>).
>>

>I know of code that implements a stack of tasks, where each task
>puts ITSELF back on the stack when it is done processing.

Ted is correct, there are plenty of good reasons to use task types
and ADTs.  I have been on projects where we used a link list of
task types to control I/O between different boxes.  It worked very
well.

Sorry about being flippant.

David Tannen				     (tannen@dudley.geg.mot.com)
Motorola, Scottsdale		(602) 675-1074		     m/s H1119
Member of TCCCS/Iris, TeamAda, and TeamOS/2
Christian Acronyms: B.I.B.L.E.=Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth