From: kls@icf.hrb.com (Ken Slater)
Subject: static vs dynamic linking with GNAT
Date: 1996/06/25
Date: 1996-06-25T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

I am running GNAT on a Silicon Graphics (SGI) system using Irix 5.3.

We have built an executable on the host machine and want to also run on
a target machine on which GNAT has not been installed. The problem is
that the executable was linked with the shared library file
'libgnat.so', so when the executable is run on the target machine,
it looks for 'libgnat.so'.

Is there a way to force 'gcc' to link in the static libraries (libgnat.a).
I tried the '-static' option without success (I may have missed
something)?

Thanks.