From: Gautier.DeMontmollin@maths.unine.ch (Gautier)
Subject: Re: GDB with GNAT 3.04 for DOS
Date: 1996/12/23
Date: 1996-12-23T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <E2qt3r.K24@nonexistent.com>,
Rich Maggio <maggior@world2u.com> writes:
> I was able to get around the debugger except for one case.  I found that I
> could not step into code that existed in a generic package.  The debugger
> seemed to go off into nowhere land - referencing random lines of code in my
> source.  It did not generate any error messages or anything.
>..
>
> Thanks!
> Rich Maggio

I had the same problem, since I use GNAT to build a math library that
is very generic... The result is a primitive interface that makes all
the job: call GDB, filter useless info, show the call stack with filenames
and optionally source lines.

You can download an OLD version in archive AD.ZIP at:

    http://www.unine.ch/math/Personnel/Assistants/Gautier/Gaut_FTP.htm

that doesn't deal with generic units, but if you want the LAST version,
that does, and is more robust, I can send it to you via e-mail or ftp
(till I meet the guru who has the keys of my Web pages...)

Gautier