* TRI-Ada '96 Friday afternoon panels - transcript wanted
@ 1996-12-12  0:00 Bob Livingston
From: Bob Livingston @ 1996-12-12  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello all,

I attended TRI-Ada in Philly and wonder if anyone recorded the Friday
afternoon panels on the future of Ada and of programming languages.  I
was trying to record it, but later discovered that my cassette's
batteries gave up shortly into the discussion (hardware problem).

Now, this is REALLY pushing it, but if someone DID record it... is
there any chance of you transcribing it and either e-mailing me or
posting the transcription?  Of course I would be happy with a copy of
the tape instead...

Thanks,

Bob Livingston
Ada Geek

http://www.together.net/~rlivings

* Re: TRI-Ada '96 Friday afternoon panels - transcript wanted
@ 1996-12-12  0:00 ` Rush Kester
From: Rush Kester @ 1996-12-12  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bob Livingston (rlivings@together.net) wrote:
: Now, this is REALLY pushing it, but if someone DID record it... is
: there any chance of you transcribing it and either e-mailing me or
: posting the transcription?  Of course I would be happy with a copy of
: the tape instead...

: Thanks, Bob Livingston
: Ada Geek

I share Bob's interest in a transcript or copy of the panel discussion.
In the past, the folks who run Tri-Ada and WAdaS have recorded
audio or video tapes of "hot" sessions.  Perhaps we'll be luck enough that
SIGAda did so on Friday and will make copies available.

IMO, this should be a standard product offered for all conferences.
It's the "next best thing to being there." :-)
--
Rush Kester
W (301) 640-3632 (in person M-F: 9am-5pm EST, voicemail any time)

* Re: TRI-Ada '96 Friday afternoon panels - transcript wanted
@ 1996-12-12  0:00   ` Larry Kilgallen
From: Larry Kilgallen @ 1996-12-12  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <58p8o7$3j5@explorer.csc.com>, rkester@csc.com (Rush Kester) writes:

> In the past, the folks who run Tri-Ada and WAdaS have recorded
> audio or video tapes of "hot" sessions.  Perhaps we'll be luck enough that
> SIGAda did so on Friday and will make copies available.
>
> IMO, this should be a standard product offered for all conferences.

Perhaps not in hotels, but organizations which hold conferences
in convention centers will have wildly varying recording policy
depending on the venue due to sometime exhorbitant local charges
for recording the event (regardless of who does the recording).

Larry Kilgallen