From: kilgallen@eisner.decus.org (Larry Kilgallen)
Subject: Re: DEC Ada V3.3
Date: 1996/08/26
Date: 1996-08-26T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <4vl39k$k1p@nntpd.lkg.dec.com>, lionel@quark.zko.dec.com (Steve Lionel) writes:

> In article <321D6756.3AA2@ubs.com>, Klaus Wyss <klaus.wyss@ubs.com> writes:
>
> |>I heard some rumors, tha the main Ada people left DEC.
>
> Not true.   In fact, most of the people who have worked on DEC Ada
> in the past twelve years are still here (not all of them still work on
> Ada, of course, like me.)

The posted problem, having to do with inter-language calls,
seems to be one whose solution would not primarily require
Ada skills anyway.  Compiler maintenance skills yes, but
it would seem resolution would happen regardless of whether
the original developer did it.

It has been my observation that keeping software stable
sometimes requires a different mindset than creating it
in the first place, so wishing for the original coder to
fix your problem might not be wise.

Larry Kilgallen