From: dmann@relay.nswc.navy.mil (David Mann)
Subject: TO ANYONE WHO USES ACES
Date: 1996/04/27
Date: 1996-04-27T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

To whom it may concern,
The statements below should make sense to someone who has
used ACES (I hope).

The question I have is, Do you know where I can get ACES
support?

I can't seem to get past the initial null timing loop verification.
The zp_basic setup program does not indicate that my GNAT compiler
has optimized the null loop away, AND I have made all of the
recommended changes to BASIC_ITERATION_COUNT in zg_glob3.adb.
My timing loop still fails consistently with the following
message:

  Verification of timing loop parameters failed. There may be
  a mismatch between options used to compile INITTIME and
  those used in this program or there may be competing tasks
  in the system. If simply rerunning this program does not resolve
  the problem, read the guides for a troubleshooting discussion.
  The measured null_loop_time for this program is:1.6113E-01
  A value was expected between:   1.0249E-01  and 1.1331E-01

Any ideas?

-- David Mann