* Re: Ada95 and SOM/OpenDoc???
       [not found] <4ldip4$j8t@newsbf02.news.aol.com>
@ 1996-04-24  0:00 ` Jon S Anthony
From: Jon S Anthony @ 1996-04-24  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <4ldip4$j8t@newsbf02.news.aol.com> wmdbrad@aol.com (WMD Brad) writes:

>   The thought came to me the other day that Ada95 could be the absolute
> perfect language for doing SOM/OpenDoc parts and handlers under a
> multithreaded OS like IBM's OS/2 WARP.
>
>   Does anyone here know of any projects to help integrate Ada95 and
> OpenDoc, or any sort of Ada95/OpenDoc/SOM Development kit?

SOM is an implmentation of the OMG's CORBA (well, more or less).  There
is an official OMG specification for the Ada/IDL mapping and there are
at least two implementations of this.  One is from OC Systems (now the
Ada95 folk for IBM gear).  This should satisfy your requirements.

/Jon
--
Jon Anthony
Organon Motives, Inc.

617.484.3383
jsa@organon.com

* Re: Ada95 and SOM/OpenDoc???
@ 1996-04-24  0:00   ` Dale Pontius
From: Dale Pontius @ 1996-04-24  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <JSA.96Apr23203338@organon.com>,
        jsa@organon.com (Jon S Anthony) writes:

>SOM is an implmentation of the OMG's CORBA (well, more or less).  There
>is an official OMG specification for the Ada/IDL mapping and there are
>at least two implementations of this.  One is from OC Systems (now the
>Ada95 folk for IBM gear).  This should satisfy your requirements.

Where do you find these?

Thanks,
Dale Pontius
(NOT speaking for IBM)

* Re: Ada95 and SOM/OpenDoc???
@ 1996-04-27  0:00 G. Vincent Castellano
From: G. Vincent Castellano @ 1996-04-27  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

OC Systems' FTP site is ftp://ocsystems.com/pub/

In that directory you will find:

idl_to_ada.ps   PostScript for the OMG Ada to IDL mapping
som-6000.ps     Information on the OCS SOM/Ada product
somartcl.ps.Z   An article detailing a practical example of SOM/Ada

See also:  http://ocsystems.com/powerada/som.html

 -    G. Vincent Castellano, Sr. Software Engineer, OC Systems Inc     -
 -   gvc@ocsystems.com :: X/Ada WWW => http://www.ocsystems.com/xada   -
 - "If virtual memory did not exist, it would                          -
 -   have become necessary for us to invent it."                       -