From: Jean-Marie Wallut <Jean-Marie.Wallut@CST.CNES.FR>
Subject: HOOD?
Date: 1996/07/08
Date: 1996-07-08T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In our previous message we used "we" because we were two of us writing
(jean-Marie Wallut & Denis Minguillon). We didn't think we were expessing
the opinion of CNES poeple but only our vue as responsible of development
methods.

We agree with John McCabe when he says that the hierarchical aspect can
bring some inefficiency in the resulting code. But we also think that coding
style and performance always need a compromise. This compromise is not the
same depending on the fact that the software to design is an onboard
realtime software with strong constraints or a piece of ground segment.
However the compromise is always possible. One can design a hierarchical
solution and then, making sure he respects it, find some bypasses to enhance
performance (supress parent level for example).

Jean-Marie Wallut & Denis Minguillon