* Ada 95 CD-ROM explanation
@ 1996-07-07  0:00 Sam Harbaugh (AQ)
From: Sam Harbaugh (AQ) @ 1996-07-07  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Just when it was time to announce the CD I was dropped from info-ada list
because of mail bounces.  I asked JT to post it but then I realized that you
would have no idea who he is or where the CD came from. So, here is some
background.

The CD was done for the DoD as a distribution media for Dr Engle's course
material.  The CD is being made generally available at a low cost to aid
those who need/want to transition from Ada 83 to Ada 95.  One course deals
with Program Management aspects and the other with Language aspects.

Each screen has an audio track usually over a minute in length.  Most
modules are Dr Engle speaking.  His audio is extemporaneous and
conversational and I find it a pleasure to listen (even though I've heard it
several times during production).

Both courses are on one CD to keep the price down.  Its less than a textbook
and about the same as a music CD for each course.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks

sam harbaugh

following is JT's announcement for reference.

Date:    Tue, 2 Jul 1996 10:08:38 -0400
From:    jterry@ISIUSA.COM
Subject: Ada 95 CD-ROM Courses

        Two Courses, Language and Management on One CD-ROM*
      for only $29.95 US plus $3.95 US shipping and handling per order.

               The above price is for a single user license.
              Multi-user, Site and LAN licenses are available.

  The Ada 95 Introduction CD-ROM contains two courses, Language and Management.
   Together they contain over 750 content screens with over 9 hours of
narration by Dr. Charles (Chuck) Engle, Jr. and Lisa Chan, both experts in
the Ada language.

The Language course consists of 15 modules, the Management course 11
modules, each module has a quiz, each course has a final exam.

A knowledge of Ada 83 is assumed.  These courses focus on making the
transition to Ada 95 both from the programmer's and program manager's point
of view.

  *The CD-ROM is designed to install and run on an MPC2 or better Multimedia
PC set at 640 X 480 X 65K colors. It has been successfully tested using MS
Windows 3.11 and Windows95.

For more information, order forms etc. visit www.acusys.com or call
James(JT) Terry at (407) 984-4464.
James Terry

only message in thread, other threads:[~1996-07-07  0:00 UTC | newest]