* Re: Ada95 for Windows 95 Reviewers Wanted
@ 1996-03-25  0:00 Simon Johnston
From: Simon Johnston @ 1996-03-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Please consider me for the following, I am also a beta tester for the
Thomson ObjectAda7 compiler and would be interested in your bindings
to the Win32 API and GUI builder.

Thanks.

> Product Reviewers Needed
>
> R.R. Software is in the process of building an Ada 95 package for
> Windows 95 that will contain a "thick", object-oriented Windows
> binding and a GUI application builder.
>
> We have an immediete need for product testers as part of the new
> product release. The review team will be set up in two groups, Tiers
> I & II.
>
> Tier I testers will be provided with hard copies of both the Binding
> and our Janus/Ada 95 Professional Development System for Windows
> 95/NT.  They will also recieve, at least,  two versions of the
> bindings, and at least two versions of the tools.  Tier I testers
> will also be provided an opportunity to comment on early versions of
> the design documents.
>
> Tier II shall be comprised of interested programmers that already
> own an Ada 95 compiler package for Windows 95, which can be from any
> manufacturer.  These testers will have the opportunity to download
> off either our Web site or our BBS a soft copy of the bindings.  The
> design documents and the GUI application builder will not be
> available to Tier II testers.
>
> Accepted Tier I testers will be shipped a copy of the Janus/Ada 95
> PDS for Microsoft Windows NT/95.  This will provide them the
> opportunity to familiarize themselves with the latest Ada 95
> features and enhanced capabilities.  The use of our compiler will
> not be required for the final product, but will be essential in the
> early development stages.
>
> Tier I testers will be expected to provide timely feedback on the
> binding and tools.  This should include comments and suggestions, as
> well as bug reports.  They also will be expected to provide example
> application(s) using the bindings, as well as code demonstrating
> bugs.  These testers will be asked to sign a minimal non-disclosure
> agreement for mutual protection.
>
> To apply to be a  tester, please send E-Mail to:
> randy@rrsoftware.com.  Please include the following information:
> your name, shipping, mailing, and e-mail addresses, daytime (work)
> phone number, Ada 95 compilers used, a statement relating your
> experience using Ada 95, object-oriented programming, and Windows
> programming, and a brief statement on your ideas on Windows
> bindings.
>
> We will contact the selected testers in April.  All applicants will
> be automatically placed on the Tier II mailing list, it is not
> necessary to send a separate message to do that.
>
> To be placed on the Tier II tester mailing list, please send E-Mail
> to randy@rrsoftware.com with your name and E-Mail address.  Be sure
> to identify the message as a request for Tier II tester status.  We
> will then let you know when to begin with your review.
>
> Thank you for your interest,
>
> Ian Goldberg
> General Manager

with StandardDisclaimer; use StandardDisclaimer;
package Sig is
--,-------------------------------------------------------------------------.
--|Simon K. Johnston - Development Engineer (C++/Ada95) |ICL Retail Systems |
--|-----------------------------------------------------|3/4 Willoughby Road|
--|Unix Mail: skj@acm.org                               |Bracknell          |
--|Telephone: +44 (0)1344 476320 Fax: +44 (0)1344 476302|Berkshire          |
--|Internal : 7261 6320   OP Mail: S.K.Johnston@BRA0801 |RG12 8TJ           |
--|WWW URL  : http://www.acm.org/~skj/                  |United Kingdom     |
--`-------------------------------------------------------------------------'
end Sig;

* Ada95 for Windows 95 Reviewers Wanted
@ 1996-03-19  0:00 Ian Goldberg
From: Ian Goldberg @ 1996-03-19  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Product Reviewers Needed

R.R. Software is in the process of building an Ada 95 package for =
Windows 95 that will contain a "thick", object-oriented Windows binding =
and a GUI application builder.

We have an immediete need for product testers as part of the new product =
release. The review team will be set up in two groups, Tiers I & II.   =20

[...]

ideas on Windows bindings. =20