* (no subject given)
@ 1994-11-20 20:12 Terry Mellon
From: Terry Mellon @ 1994-11-20 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

+=========-=========-=========-=========-=========-=========+
| Terry Mellon                                              |
| Software Engineering EXcellence (SEEX)                    |
| 1219 E. Todd Dr.                   Phone: 602/838-3650    |
| Tempe, AZ 85283                 Internet: mellon@seex.com |
+=========-=========-=========-=========-=========-=========+

* (no subject given)
@ 1994-12-21 20:07 Eric Baker
From: Eric Baker @ 1994-12-21 20:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

     Dear Ada Users,

     I am looking for anyone that has had work done by or considered using
     Alydaar, a translation & migration reengineering service in
     Madisonville, LA.  I am interested in their translation to Ada
     capabilities.  Please respond to me personally.

                                     Thanks,
                                     Eric Baker
                                     (205) 955-3549
                                     baker-md-pa@ccsmtp.redstone.army.mil

* (no subject given)
@ 1996-02-21  0:00 pruiz
From: pruiz @ 1996-02-21  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I would like to know why the gnat sends the  message :
  "type (Unit) must be declared abstract or Set (procedure) overrides"
when I'm compiling the package body "Controller-p.adb";the error is detected
in the specification, i.e., in "Controller-p.ads".

Package Controller is abstract and generic;
Package Controller.P is his child :it isn't Abstract!!! but is generic;
 I supposed when I writted it, that Set overrides, but this is not a problem,
is it ??? This is the usual when we are working with abstract types and subpro-
grams, isn't it???  This is my conclusion reading the last Barnes' book.

Next, I send the packages.

Thank you very much!!!!.

generic    -- package Controller,it is abstract.

  type Controlled_Variable is delta <>;
  type Actuating_Variable  is delta <>;

package Controller is    -- generic

   type Unit is abstract tagged private;
   subtype Class is Unit'Class;

   procedure Set     (Device      : in  out  Unit)  is abstract;

   procedure Control (Device      : in  out  Unit;
                      Reference   : in       Controlled_Variable;
                      Measurement : in       Controlled_Variable;
                      Action      :     out  Actuating_Variable) is abstract;

private
   type Unit is tagged null record;

end Controller;

--  /**************************************************************************

generic  --  package Controller.P

   type Parameter  is delta <>;  --  generic parameter

package Controller.P is    --  generic

   type Proportional_Controller is new Unit with private;

private
   type Proportional_Controller is new Unit with
      record
         Gain : Parameter;
      end record;

   procedure Set      (Device      :   in  out  Proportional_Controller;
                       Gain        :   in       Parameter);

   procedure Control  (Device      :   in  out  Proportional_Controller;
                       Reference   :   in       Controlled_Variable;
                       Measurement :   in       Controlled_Variable;
                       Action      :       out  Actuating_Variable);

end Controller.P;

--  /**********************************************************************
--  / Controller.P
--  /**************************************************************************

package body Controller.P is    --  generic

   procedure Set      (Device      :  in   out Proportional_Controller;
                       Gain        :  in       Parameter)   is
   begin

      Device.Gain := Gain;

   end Set;

   procedure Control     (Device      :  in  out  Proportional_Controller;
                          Reference   :  in       Controlled_Variable;
                          Measurement :  in       Controlled_Variable;
                          Action      :      out  Actuating_Variable)   is
   Error : Controlled_Variable;

   begin

      Error  :=  Reference - Measurement;
      Action :=  Device.Gain * Error;

   end Control;

end Controller.P;

-- ***************************************************************************

* Re: (no subject given)
@ 1996-02-22  0:00 ` Pascal OBRY
From: Pascal OBRY @ 1996-02-22  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

>I would like to know why the gnat sends the  message :
>  "type (Unit) must be declared abstract or Set (procedure) overrides"
>when I'm compiling the package body "Controller-p.adb";the error is detected
>in the specification, i.e., in "Controller-p.ads".

GNAT is right. you must override Set has you override Control. These
procedures are abstracts.

Set is not overrided in Controller.P. The Set in Controller.P has not the same
set of parameters (they are 2 differents procedures) :

In Controller :

   procedure Set     (Device      : in  out  Unit)  is abstract;

In Controller.P :

   procedure Set      (Device      :   in  out  Proportional_Controller;
                       Gain        :   in       Parameter);

Hope this helps,
Pascal.
--

--|------------------------------------------------------------
--| Pascal OBRY                               Team-Ada Member |

* (no subject given)
@ 1996-07-05  0:00 JOHN LY
From: JOHN LY @ 1996-07-05  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

     unsubcribe

* (no subject given)
@ 1996-09-03  0:00 Chris Sparks
From: Chris Sparks @ 1996-09-03  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I want to thank all of the individuals who responded to my query
about the "when others" part for a case statement.  My group decided
to not use "when others" so that the compiler can catch any new additions.

Thanks Robert for the insight about "pragma Assert".  Definitely a winner!

Chris Sparks

PS: Sorry for my ILLEGAL use of the work ERRONEOUS (pun intended)

* Re: (no subject given)
@ 1996-09-04  0:00 ` Jon S Anthony
From: Jon S Anthony @ 1996-09-04  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <INFO-ADA%96090309470743@LISTSERV.NODAK.EDU> Chris Sparks <sparks@AISF.COM> writes:

> Thanks Robert for the insight about "pragma Assert".  Definitely a winner!

Yes, that was clever and quite nice.  Too bad pragma Assert is not
standard...

/Jon
--
Jon Anthony
Organon Motives, Inc.

617.484.3383
jsa@organon.com

* Re: (no subject given)
@ 1996-09-05  0:00   ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 1996-09-05  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jon Anthony said

"Yes, that was clever and quite nice.  Too bad pragma Assert is not
standard..."

Well too bad in the abstract, but in practice I expect all Ada 95 compilers
will implement pragma Assert.
So it does not make much difference to users.

* Re: (no subject given)
@ 1996-09-06  0:00 ` Jon S Anthony
From: Jon S Anthony @ 1996-09-06  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <dewar.841956102@schonberg> dewar@cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar) writes:

> "Yes, that was clever and quite nice.  Too bad pragma Assert is not
> standard..."
>
> Well too bad in the abstract, but in practice I expect all Ada 95 compilers
> will implement pragma Assert.
> So it does not make much difference to users.

Only if they have the same semantics.  Will this be true?  Does the
Intermetric accept this?  Does ObjectAda implement the pragma as defined
in GNAT?  Anyone who knows care to say?

/Jon
--
Jon Anthony
Organon Motives, Inc.

617.484.3383
jsa@organon.com

* Re: (no subject given)
@ 1998-04-19  0:00   ` Matthew Heaney
From: Matthew Heaney @ 1998-04-19  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <matthew_heaney-ya023680001904981820500001@news.ni.net>,
matthew_heaney@acm.org (Matthew Heaney) wrote:

(start of quote)
In article <199804190745.PAA11473@iron.singnet.com.sg>, Chau
<vcjq724@MBOX4.SINGNET.COM.SG> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>My name is Simon Chau. I have been searching for a copy of Ada 95 software
>in the market for a long time without much success. Therefore will like to
>request for a site where I might be able to download a copy of Ada 95.

For general info about Ada 95, go to the Ada home page.

<http://www.adahome.com/>

For a free, production-quality Ada 95 compiler, you'll want GNAT.

<ftp://ftp.cs.nyu.edu/pub/gnat/>
(end of quote)

Oops!  I forgot to mention that GNAT has a website too, sponsored by the
company (Ada Core Technologies) that sells support for that compiler.

<http://www.gnat.com/>

* (no subject given)
@ 1998-04-19  0:00 Chau
From: Chau @ 1998-04-19  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

My name is Simon Chau. I have been searching for a copy of Ada 95 software
in the market for a long time without much success. Therefore will like to
request for a site where I might be able to download a copy of Ada 95.

Thanx and God Bless

Simon Chau
e-mail address : vcjq724@mbox4.singnet.com.sg

From: Matthew Heaney @ 1998-04-19  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)