From: jhvh3@fel.tno.nl (Willem Treurniet)
Subject: Re: Ada 9X and HOOD
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 1995 10:54:04 GMT
Date: 1995-03-03T10:54:04+00:00	[thread overview]

joew@cogs.susx.ac.uk (Joe Wood) writes:

>HI,

>I'm currently using HOOD (release 3.1) as the basis of a tool I am
>developing for analysing software architecture.

>Since Ada 83 is NOT strictly object-oriented, and Ada 9X attempts to
>address some of these shortcomings, I was wondering if HOOD was going
>to be updated to include the new features?

A new release of the HOOD Reference Manual (version 4.0) is currently under
approval within the HOOD User Group. HOOD 4.0 captures the Ada 9X language
concepts in a similar manner as HOOD 3.x captured the Ada 83 language concepts. The final version of HOOD 4.0 is foreseen to be released in Q1 1995.

Several vendors provide tool support for HOOD. Two of them, Sema Group
(Concerto/HOOD) and Techniques Nouvelles d'Informatique (STOOD), have planned
support for HOOD 4.0 in the near future.

The secretary of the HOOD User Group (Jean-Francois Muller) can be contacted at
muller@SOLEIL.matra-espace.fr

Regards,

Willem Treurniet
* Willem Treurniet                                                            *
* TNO Physics and Electronics Laboratory                  Fax: +31 70 3280961 *
* PO Box 96864                                          Phone: +31 70 3264221 *