From: riehler@ajpo.sei.cmu.edu (Richard Riehle)
Subject: Re: Opening a File for Appending
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 1995 17:23:57 EST
Date: 1995-01-07T17:23:57-05:00	[thread overview]

In a>In article <847@trident.datasys.swri.edu>,
>Thomas Albrecht <TAlbrecht@SwRI.EDU> wrote:
>>Does anyone know how to open a text file for appending.  I have
>>checked the Ada Manual in both Ch. 14 (Input/Output) and Ch.13
>>(system-dependent features) and have been unable to locate it.
>>Thanks in advance for you help.

    Thomas -

       The good people at Alsys have provided a parameter for the
       formal argument, FORM, in the Text_IO.OPEN procedure that
       enables opening a file in APPEND mode.

       My VADS compiler manual does not indicate how to do this, but
       I may have an out-of-date VADS manual.

       In Ada 83/87 this is implementation-dependent. Thank you to
       designers of the new Ada standard for including an append
       capability in Ada.

    Richard Riehle
    email: adaworks@netcom.com