From: fintan@vax.sbu.ac.uk
Subject: type is access cf type is access all?
Date: 20 Jan 95 11:40:05 GMT
Date: 1995-01-20T11:40:05+00:00	[thread overview]

trying to get my head around this one and failing!
(Maybe I need a new head?)

What is the difference between:

   type FooPointers is access Foo;

and

   type FooPointers is access all Foo;

The 9X LRM states

"if no general_access_modifier {all | constant} appears
... the access type is a pool-specific access-to_variable
type"

My reading of this implies that omitting all will result
in variables the access type only being able to designate
dynamically (new) allocated anonymous variables and not
non-pool (aliased) variables.

A check of this idea on gnat 2.0 suggests that both types
can designate dynamic and aliased variables.

Anyone know the answer?

replies by post to me and I will summarise.

fintan

Fintan Culwin PhD
Senior Lecturer Software Engineering
School of Computing