From: kilgallen@eisner.decus.org (Larry Kilgallen, LJK Software)
Subject: Re: C to Ada83 Translation
Date: 9 Feb 95 18:31:12 -0500
Date: 1995-02-09T18:31:12-05:00	[thread overview]

In article <3gre40$8tm@news.primenet.com>, d-lfred@Primenet.Com (Del Fredricks) writes:

> Has anyone attempted to write a straight through translator to
> convert C, Kernighan and Ritchie, into Ada 83?

I think it would be great to have such a tool, even though the result
would not be "good" Ada.  Managers who would hesitate conversion to
Ada by conventional techniques certainly hesitate due to the amount
of time which would be spent on mechanical tasks, rather than effort
which might be spent on making the code more reliable.

My wife, who does not use Ada, commented that such a tool might be
useful even to sites which never use the resulting binary output.
Sort of a "super-Lint". (She does not use C either, but was forced
to once.)

Larry Kilgallen