* Comments on Screen Machine??
@ 1995-04-05  0:00 Beth Walker
From: Beth Walker @ 1995-04-05  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Has anyone on the net had any experience (good or bad) with Screen machine?

We are looking at various User Interface systems for an Ada project.  Most
of the generators produce C code, which is OK.  However, we are partial
toward an Ada implementation.  Any comments would be helpful.

* Re: Comments on Screen Machine??
@ 1995-04-06  0:00 ` Mathias SCHMOCKER
From: Mathias SCHMOCKER @ 1995-04-06  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I would be also interested in experiences, comments, etc. with GUI builders
before buying. (target: DEC Alpha AXP/OpenVMS X/Motif, and possibly Ada
with the X/Motif bindings supplied with DEC Ada Version 3.2)

Thanks,
Mathias Schmocker <smat@dmehpi-t.epfl.ch>

Dipl. Ing ETHZ, Consulting Engineer in Simulation & Modelling
Address: rue de la Servette 93,  CH-1202 Geneva / Switzerland
Phone:   +41-22-734 2201           Facsimile: +41-22-734 2202

* Re: Comments on Screen Machine??
@ 1995-04-06  0:00   ` Larry Kilgallen
From: Larry Kilgallen @ 1995-04-06  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <3m04q5$cm4@info.epfl.ch>, smat@PROBLEM_WITH_INEWS_GATEWAY_FILE (Mathias SCHMOCKER) writes:
> I would be also interested in experiences, comments, etc. with GUI builders
> before buying. (target: DEC Alpha AXP/OpenVMS X/Motif, and possibly Ada
> with the X/Motif bindings supplied with DEC Ada Version 3.2)

There is a company in Cambridge Massachusetts whose name I do not
remember who do Motif GUI generators and do VMS software but not
both at the same time.  I have tried asking them at the US DECUS
Trade show the past few times, and rather than the specific answer
I requested they end up mailing regular product literature (again).

Moral: Beware of companies from Cambridge Massachusetts.

Larry Kilgallen
LJK Software
Cambridge, Massachusetts