From: brh@cray.com (Brian Hanson)
Subject: Re: Ada saved by gnat (was Re: Where's Aet
Date: 1995/04/20
Date: 1995-04-20T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Jim Dorman writes
>I think a better approach would be to support the vendors, advise them,
>not the world, of any product shortcomings and give them an opportunity
>to "fix or add" your personal pet item. Have we forgotten the old adage..
>
>  If you don't like it, tell me
>  If you do like it, tell the world

I think this adage is just wishfull thinking among companies as the only
place I have seen or heard this is when it is aimed at customers.  From
a customer standpoint it would be better worded

If I like it I tell others.
If I dont like it I just keep quiet and go shop elsewhere.
If I don't like it I also tell others (so they will not have to have a bad
	experience also).

The customer owes the company nothing.  It is the company's responsibility
to get the word out and to recognise its products failings and fix them.

--
-- Brian Hanson
-- brh@cray.com