* Distributed Interactive Simulation
@ 1995-01-12 16:35 Bob Gillespie
       [not found] ` <3fe24u$d03@theopolis.orl.mmc.com>
From: Bob Gillespie @ 1995-01-12 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

I need to know more about Distributed Interactive Simulation.  Can
anyone direct me to a DIS guide or other help.  Maybe the Reuse libraries?
Do bindings exist or other Ada interfaces to DIS exist.  What exactly is
DIS?
Thanks for any help.
Please reply to email: rcg@olie.wvitcoe.wvnet.edu

* Re: Distributed Interactive Simulation
       [not found]   ` <3fe37h$fnq@theopolis.orl.mmc.com>
@ 1995-01-17  2:08     ` David Weller
From: David Weller @ 1995-01-17  2:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <3fe37h$fnq@theopolis.orl.mmc.com>,
Theodore E. Dennison <dennison@escmail.mmc.orl.com> wrote:

>For the last DIS project I worked on, we took the time to make high
>level DIS bindings. It took over 2 man-months using an experienced
>Ada engineer, but it was well worth it. I can't even begin to tell
>you how many bugs we found in the C DIS code of the machine we were
>networked with. A strongly-typed interface is the network programmer's
>best friend.

So the next question is, where can we get the work YOU did? :-)

--
       Frustrated with C/C++, Pascal, Fortran?  Ada95 _might_ be for you!
	  For all sorts of interesting Ada95 tidbits, run the command:

* Re: Distributed Interactive Simulation
@ 1995-01-18 21:51       ` Theodore E. Dennison
From: Theodore E. Dennison @ 1995-01-18 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

dweller@Starbase.NeoSoft.COM (David Weller) wrote:

> In article <3fe37h$fnq@theopolis.orl.mmc.com>,
> Theodore E. Dennison <dennison@escmail.mmc.orl.com> wrote:
> >
> >For the last DIS project I worked on, we took the time to make high
> >level DIS bindings. It took over 2 man-months using an experienced
>
> So the next question is, where can we get the work YOU did? :-)

<Gulp!>

Well, I'm not real conversant on what is Martin Marietta
proprietary code and what is U.S. government owned (and therefore
free to all DoD contractors) code. If anyone is truly intersted,
contact me off-line, and I'll consult the higher-ups. The amount
of trouble I can get in over this kind of thing makes me dizzy.

T.E.D.
dennison@escmail.orl.mmc.com

* Re: Distributed Interactive Simulation
@ 1995-01-22  2:58         ` David Weller
From: David Weller @ 1995-01-22  2:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

This is being publicly posted, since Ted's e-mail address gives me a
"Host unknown" (dennison@escmail.orl.mmc.com)

In article <3fk2gc$oql@theopolis.orl.mmc.com>,
Theodore E. Dennison <dennison@escmail.mmc.orl.com> wrote:

><Gulp!>
>
>Well, I'm not real conversant on what is Martin Marietta
>proprietary code and what is U.S. government owned (and therefore
>free to all DoD contractors) code. If anyone is truly intersted,
>contact me off-line, and I'll consult the higher-ups. The amount
>of trouble I can get in over this kind of thing makes me dizzy.

Consider yourself asked :-) We're willing to work whatever channels
need to be worked.  If you need to call me voice, my number
is (713)280-4695.

Thanks!