From: lpb@sei.cmu.edu (Loic Briand)
Subject: Re: ARPA/SEI WWW server barely mentions Ada
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 1994 11:25:41 EDT
Date: 1994-09-22T11:25:41-04:00	[thread overview]

In article <CwJ7Kx.78C@world.std.com>, srctran@world.std.com (Gregory Aharonian) writes:
>      Once again we see the results of DoD toleration of lip-service being
> given to Ada by members of the Mandated world.  This time it is a Mosaic
> server being sponsored by SEI and ARPA, located on the Internet at:
> [snip]

The SEI mission is not to promote Ada, but good software engineering practices
in general. Software languages are only one of the many elements of software
engineering.
If you did not see much Ada mentioned in the server, you wont find either
references to C++, SmallTalk or VB. Either software languages are not relevant
is the areas covered by the server (e.g., Computer Security), or things have
been done in a SW language-independent way (e.g., there is not a special CMM
for Ada organizations).

>      But maybe I am confused.
> [snip]

I think so. Why would not you do some real work instead of wasting your time
(that is, YOU OWN MONEY) and ours?

--   Loic Briand    lpb@sei.cmu.edu      Office 3308      (412) 268-6674  --