* Research Help Needed
@ 1994-10-30  4:59 SERGE
From: SERGE @ 1994-10-30  4:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

	I am doing research on the support that the Canadian government
gives to the Hardware and Software industry.  I am looking for information
on the amount of support, monetary and otherwise, that not only the
Canadian government but also other governments in order to do comparisons.
If you have any information which may assist in my studies please let me
know.  If you have adresses which would help in my study please also let me
know.  Thanks in advance for your time and effort.

--
Sergio Sartor			\	Internet:  SSARTOR@TRENTU.CA
HBSc Computer Studies/GIS	\         Telnet:  192.75.12.103

Have a NICE day! :)

* Re: Research Help Needed
@ 1994-11-01  4:52 ` Michael Feldman
From: Michael Feldman @ 1994-11-01  4:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <1994Oct30.045918.15737@blaze.trentu.ca>,
SERGE <ssartor@ivory.trentu.ca> wrote:

>	I am doing research on the support that the Canadian government
>gives to the Hardware and Software industry.  I am looking for information
>on the amount of support, monetary and otherwise, that not only the
>Canadian government but also other governments in order to do comparisons.
>If you have any information which may assist in my studies please let me
>know.  If you have adresses which would help in my study please also let me
>know.  Thanks in advance for your time and effort.

Call MetroWerks, a nice little (and growing!) Mac software house in
Montreal. I'm sorry, I don't have their number handy, but they should
be easy to look up. They may be getting some support from the Canadian
gov't. Dunno for sure.

Mike Feldman
Michael B. Feldman -  chair, SIGAda Education Working Group
The George Washington University -  Washington, DC 20052 USA
202-994-5919 (voice) - 202-994-0227 (fax) - mfeldman@seas.gwu.edu (Internet)
         Ada on the World-Wide Web: http://lglwww.epfl.ch/Ada/
"Non illegitimi carborundum." (Don't let the bastards grind you down.)

* Re: Research Help Needed
@ 1994-11-04 14:58 ` James Hopper
From: James Hopper @ 1994-11-04 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <394hih$jr0@felix.seas.gwu.edu> Michael Feldman,
mfeldman@seas.gwu.edu writes:
>Call MetroWerks, a nice little (and growing!) Mac software house in
>Montreal. I'm sorry, I don't have their number handy, but they should
>be easy to look up. They may be getting some support from the Canadian
>gov't. Dunno for sure.

514-747-5999 number from my Metrowerks CD

Mike is correct that the current rumors are that this small company is
funded
by the canadian gov't.