From: john@vax.sbu.ac.uk
Subject: HELP: GNAT for HP 9000/755.
Date: 1 Dec 94 10:40:21 GMT
Date: 1994-12-01T10:40:21+00:00	[thread overview]

Hi all,
	This is a kind of followup to an article posted by a colleague re
installing GNAT on a HP 9000/755.

I have the sources for GNAT 1.83 and have installed GCC 2.6.0.  It appears I
need an earlier working version og GNAT to build this version.  My problem is
that I do not have an earlier version.  The documentation seems to suggest that
I need version 1.78 to build 1.83.

My question(s):

	Do I need a previous version to build the new versiioin?

	If so where can I get a pre-built version for the HP?

	If I cannot get a pre-built version can I get a version which does not
	require already having GNAT to build?

Thanks for your time,
John Murphy.
John Murphy						john@vax.sbu.ac.uk