* Square Root in standard library?
@ 1994-12-11  1:41 Bill Heiser
From: Bill Heiser @ 1994-12-11  1:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am using Ada/6000 (Release 3.3) on an AIX 3.2.5 RS/6000.  Unfortuantely
I do not have access to any Ada documentation for this machine.  I need to
do a square root.  Is there a square root function in some package in
the standard library?

Thanks in advance.
Bill

--
Bill Heiser:    bill@bh.org     http://www.bh.org/
PGP public key available upon request.

* Re: Square Root in standard library?
@ 1994-12-11 19:01 ` John Russell
From: John Russell @ 1994-12-11 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

In <3cdlc0$iu2@wizard.pn.com> Bill Heiser writes:
>I am using Ada/6000 (Release 3.3) on an AIX 3.2.5 RS/6000.  Unfortuantely
>I do not have access to any Ada documentation for this machine.  I need to
>do a square root.  Is there a square root function in some package in
>the standard library?

Add the sublibrary name /usr/lpp/ada/lib/math
to your library list file.
Place this name anywhere in the file between the working
sublibrary and the system sublibrary.

Include the package in your source program using the context clause
"with Math" or "with Fast_Math".

function   sqrt  (X: in Long_Natural_Float)  return Long_Float;

Fast_Math is just like Math except that it doesn't check for as
many exceptions.

In InfoExplorer, search on "fast_math" and you should be able to
locate the information.

John
--
John Russell                      Internet:  john13@vnet.ibm.com