* Re: ADA & VAX, anyone use both?
@ 1993-09-29  5:47 agate!howland.reston.ans.net!darwin.sura.net!aplcen.apl.jhu.edu!ngss3.jhu
From: agate!howland.reston.ans.net!darwin.sura.net!aplcen.apl.jhu.edu!ngss3.jhu @ 1993-09-29  5:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

In <28SEP199316453606@cl2.cl.uh.edu> swen1fbe@cl2.cl.uh.edu (Tim D.) writes:

>In article <28SEP199316231932@bambam.gsfc.nasa.gov>, nbssal@bambam.gsfc.nasa.g
ov (Stephe Leake) writes...
>>In article <2896ag$fhi@goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au>, t9314447@pitvax.xx.rmit.edu.au
writes...
.
Lexicals discussion deleted
.
>>>   Secondly is there a
>>>way of calling any dcl command from inside an ada program for example
>>>"show users/full"
>>

>Use the LIB.SPAWN function to spawn a DCL command in a subprocess.  The hard
>part is communicating information back to Ada from the subprocess.

Just thought I'd summarize this one with a concise example ...
This is a simpler version of the followup to this by Michael Poole:

with CONDITION_HANDLING;
with LIB;
procedure ada_dir_size is
  SpawnStatus : CONDITION_HANDLING.COND_VALUE_TYPE;
begin
     Lib.SPAWN( STATUS => SpawnStatus,
                COMMAND_STRING => "DIR/SIZE");
end;

Can't get much simpler than this. You can monitor SpawnStatus for er
error handling, and can specify a temporary output file and read
the desired info back into your program. The above example, however,
would seem to adequately fulfill Cliff's (the original poster's) request.

jeff
jw@ddsdx2.jhuapl.edu

only message in thread, other threads:[~1993-09-29  5:47 UTC | newest]