From: psinntp!calspan!westley@uunet.uu.net  (Terry J. Westley)
Subject: Re: Please Help: Sun Ada Bug
Date: 15 Sep 93 17:11:45 GMT	[thread overview]

In article <37106@hacgate.SCG.HAC.COM> bdarr@atr-16 (Byron Darrah) writes:

>     I am getting an internal error from a Sun Ada 1.0
>compiler that reads:
>
>     internal: assertion error at file lreg.c line xxx
>cg_ret: 1
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Byron Darrah

We get this type of error from Sun Ada (aka VADS) occasionally.  It's
tough to comment on your particular error without the source code.
Generally, it means that you have illeagal code that the compiler
couldn't handle.  Clearly, this is a defect in the compiler.  It should
emit an error message related to YOUR code, not the compiler's.

the error.  Look especially for interactions between language features.

On the other hand, we got this error most recently when compiling on a
SPARCserver 10 and it went away when the file was recompiled without
change on a 4/490!  But, this has been the exception rather than the rule.
--
Terry J. Westley, Principal Computer Scientist
Calspan Corporation, P.O. Box 400, Buffalo, NY 14225