* Draft LRM for Ada9X ?
@ 1993-05-08 15:56 Michael Feldman
From: Michael Feldman @ 1993-05-08 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <1s8p3h$sud@huon.itd.adelaide.edu.au> andrewd@cs.adelaide.edu.au wri
tes:
>The draft LRM for 9X says (14.6.4) "The value used to represent each
>tag is determined at the time the corresponding type declaration is
>compiled."

I have been searching the AJPO machine for a document whose title resembles
"draft LRM for 9X." I've found lots of bits and pieces, isolated chapters
and annexes, ILS (integrated language specification), etc., as well as
older editions of mapping specs and rationale.  No draft LRM, yet, on
that server.

I think it would be helpful to all of us if you could give us a citation to
the document you were quoting:

- exact title
- date
- source whence you copied it (or is it a paper doc?)

etc.

Thanks very much in advance!

Mike Feldman
Michael B. Feldman
co-chair, SIGAda Education Committee

School of Engineering and Applied Science
The George Washington University
Washington, DC 20052 USA
(202) 994-5253 (voice)
(202) 994-5296 (fax)
mfeldman@seas.gwu.edu (Internet)

"The most important thing is to be sincere,
and once you've learned how to fake that, you've got it made."
-- old show-business adage

* Re: Draft LRM for Ada9X ?
@ 1993-05-09 22:13 Alex Blakemore
From: Alex Blakemore @ 1993-05-09 22:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <1993May8.155639.18595@seas.gwu.edu> mfeldman@seas.gwu.edu (Michael
Feldman) writes:
> I have been searching the AJPO machine for a document whose title resembles
> "draft LRM for 9X." I've found lots of bits and pieces, isolated chapters ...

try:
ajpo.sei.cmu.edu:/public/ada9x/mrtcomments/rm9x/v2.0.compressed/ils.aarm.ps.Z

its VERY BIG - because the AARM contains the rules plus annotations
(sort of like Ada83 RM + Rationale + Implementor's guide)
the chapters or the unannotated version or smaller & some chapters
are not updated with recent changes in this version.

the organization, presentation and language is usually very clear, but its not
a finished document yet.
--
Alex Blakemore       alex@cs.umd.edu        NeXT mail accepted
"Without an engaged and motivated human being at the keyboard,