* Looking for info on NobelTech
@ 1993-05-12 18:00 Andrew Greenshields
From: Andrew Greenshields @ 1993-05-12 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

  I am looking for some information on a Swedish company called
NobelTech.  They used OO techniques and achieved a reuse rate of over
50%.  If anyone can provide with any information about this company,
or even an email address, I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance,

Andy Greenshields

--
  Andrew J. Greenshields N3IGS    |  Some people can tell what time it is by
  andy@cs.clemson.edu             |  looking at the Sun, but I have never been
                                  |  able to make out the numbers.
-----------------------***STANDARD DISCLAIMERS APPLY***------------------------

* Re: Looking for info on NobelTech
@ 1993-05-13  6:42 agate!howland.reston.ans.net!darwin.sura.net!mojo.eng.umd.edu!enterpoop.m
From: agate!howland.reston.ans.net!darwin.sura.net!mojo.eng.umd.edu!enterpoop.m @ 1993-05-13  6:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <1993May12.180010.7052@hubcap.clemson.edu> andy@raphael.cs.clemson.e
du (Andrew Greenshields) writes:

>  I am looking for some information on a Swedish company called
>NobelTech.  They used OO techniques and achieved a reuse rate of over
>50%.

	NobelTech AB
	Nettov. 6
	S-175 88 JARFALLA
	Sweden

	fax: +46 8 580 322 44

They work with marine defence applications. According to the reports
I've seen, their SS2000 (system for fire-control, etc.) achieve more
than 50% reuse rate in systems for surface-based ships and submarines.
Systems for combat information centres (?) were lower - about 40%.  I
think these numbers are based on projects for the Swedish and Danish
marines only.

They use OO techniques, but not inheritance.

--
Anders Thulin        ath@linkoping.trab.se        013-23 55 32
Telia Research AB, Teknikringen 2B, S-583 30 Linkoping, Sweden

* Re: Looking for info on NobelTech
@ 1993-05-13  8:36 Bjorn Kallberg
From: Bjorn Kallberg @ 1993-05-13  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <1993May12.180010.7052@hubcap.clemson.edu> andy@raphael.cs.clemson.e
du (Andrew Greenshields) writes:
>  I am looking for some information on a Swedish company called
>NobelTech.  They used OO techniques and achieved a reuse rate of over
>50%.  If anyone can provide with any information about this company,
>or even an email address, I would be very grateful.
>
>Thanks in advance,

I can understand if it has been hard to follow what happened to us, as
we have changed names a number of times. Our recent history is

Philips Elektronikindustrier --1989--> Bofors Electronics
--1991--> NobelTech --1993--> CelsiusTech

Thus, our current name, which we now are sure will stay stable for a
considerable time is

CelsiusTech Systems AB
Nettov. 6
S-175 88 Jaerfaella
SWEDEN
phone +46 8 5808 4000, fax +46 5803 2244

In spite of all these name changes, we are still the same company,
with some additions, very much kicking and alive . Our main business
area is military electronic systems (SW and HW). We also have a sister
company, CelsiusTech Electronics, which deals with hardware (radar,
other sensors, EW (Electronic Warfare)). We both are parts of the
Celsius Group, a major swedish defense industry group.

We started our Ada history in 1985, when we (just that, we, not the
customer) decided to use Ada for our new system line, the System
Family 2000, SF2000. SF2000 is a reusable system architecture, with
software components adapted to our type of systems. The first
instantiation of the SF2000 was ships (C2 and weapon control) for the
Swedish and Danish navies. The same family has then been used for
other surface ships (Australia, New Zealand, Finland) as well as
submarines. In the last years we have also reused the System Family
for a land based C3 (command, control and communication) and
Interceptor control system for the swedish airforce.

In very rough figures, the reuse between the different systems varies
between 50 and 85%, the high figure beeing between similar surface
ships, and the lower degree going to a new area.

The systems we build are distributed systems, connected with a LAN. A
typical system may be 50 different nodes. One of the fundamental
aspects of the system architecture is that it makes the software
independent of the actual hardware configuration.  The system family
have been implemented on different hardware platforms, both on a real
time kernel and on Posix compliant systems, with little change

SF2000 is built using an object oriented design methodology, in the
Booch flawour. We are using Rationals as our main ada developing
environment.

/Bj|rn K{llberg