* Help with the Mouse!
@ 1993-02-26 14:45 enterpoop.mit.edu!linus!think.com!sdd.hp.com!network.ucsd.edu!usc!howland
From: enterpoop.mit.edu!linus!think.com!sdd.hp.com!network.ucsd.edu!usc!howland @ 1993-02-26 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

   Does anyone by there know how to control the mouse? I have been
trying to get some information, but up to now I have had no success.
I would thank everybody who could tell me some hints about it. One
of the problems is that I only know BASIC, Pascal and Ada, so I can't
understand very well when I am talked of machine code or things
like that!

   I want to use a Microsoft-like mouse, and I don't mind if
I had to load "MOUSE" or "GMOUSE" (or so on...) previously. Any ideas?

   Thanks!

   Julio Villena Roman (prg92249@oasis.dit.upm.es)
   Escuela Tecnica Superior de Ingenieros de Telecomunicacion (ETSIT)
   Madrid.- Spain.

         Who asks a question is once stupid.
         Who never asks is always stupid.

* Re: Help with the Mouse!
@ 1993-03-06 21:33 agate!howland.reston.ans.net!wupost!cs.utexas.edu!sun-barr!olivea!sgigate
From: agate!howland.reston.ans.net!wupost!cs.utexas.edu!sun-barr!olivea!sgigate @ 1993-03-06 21:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

>    Does anyone by there know how to control the mouse? I have been
> trying to get some information, but up to now I have had no success.
> I would thank everybody who could tell me some hints about it. One
> of the problems is that I only know BASIC, Pascal and Ada, so I can't
> understand very well when I am talked of machine code or things
> like that!
Julio,
	"Microsoft Mouse Programmer's Reference", ISBN 1-55615-191-8
by Microsoft Press has a companion disk with programming examples in
QuickBASIC and interpreted BASIC, among others (FORTRAN, C, Pascal,
MASM, and FORTRAN).
	Price is $29.99 US
-Dave Devoy "devoy@mgi.com" Management Graphics, Inc.

* Re: Help with the Mouse!
@ 1993-03-07 21:20 ` Christian Blum
From: Christian Blum @ 1993-03-07 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

prg92249@oasis.dit.upm.es (Julio Villena) writes:
>    Does anyone by there know how to control the mouse? I have been

Didn't your mouse come with a manual? My Genius has a leaflet with
it that clearly describes the functions of the mouse driver (yes,
you really should use it). Another good source of information (as
always) is Ralf Brown's interrupt list.
Generally, you call an interrupt with AX set to the function number
desired, and you get values in other registers. I have my books at
home, so I can't be more specific at the moment.
The list I mentioned is available from several FTP sites. Ask archie
(send a mail to archie@nic.funet.fi; no subject; body contains the
line "prog inter3" and nothing else); it usually answers within a few
minutes.

Chris

        foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
                                   - Douglas Adams in: Mostly Harmless
------------- This compilation of characters brought to you by: -------------
Chris Blum  Fr.-Ebert-Str. 50  66578 Heiligenwald  Germany (+49)(0)6821 67476
Internet: chbl@stud.uni-sb.de (preferred)   or   et11hks4@etcip1.ee.uni-sb.de
The opinions expressed above are not necessarily my own, but if anybody feels
embarrassed by them they most probably are. YOU =:-{ ME ;-) YOU :-) or <ZOT!>