From: smccoy@dw3g.ess.harris.com (Scott McCoy)
Subject: Re: Why IBM is a detriment to non-Mandate Ada growth
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1993 13:22:42 GMT
Date: 1993-03-04T13:22:42+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <311@fedfil.UUCP>, news@fedfil.UUCP (news) writes:

|> If you're working on military contracts, as I suspect you are, then
|> you're
|> putting the lives of US servicemen in jeopardy in pursuit of the
|> almighty
|> dollar.

Is this because all mil contractors are evil, or because deployed
Ada systems have been shown to fail at a higher rate than systems
written in other languages?  Where's the evidence?

|> Patriotic people will refrain from doing that no matter how great
|> the temptation or the delusions under which whoever is promulgating Ada
|> are laboring under.

*laughter*

|> I have personally turned down numerous job offers which
|> involved Ada for just that reason.  Most would have meant large salary
|> increases.
|>
|> You wanted to know what you're doing wrong...  now you know.

Thanx, Ted, for setting us straight.

I really needed the humor this morning.

If you want to continue this, Ted, let's take it to e-mail.

--
Scott McCoy	Harris ISD	Opinions expressed are my own.
Staff Eng - SW	Internet: 	smccoy@dw3g.ess.harris.com