From: mfeldman@seas.gwu.edu (Michael Feldman)
Subject: Re: First Ada software patent issued to Air Force
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1993 00:31:36 GMT
Date: 1993-03-04T00:31:36+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <C3BIAq.35F@world.std.com> srctran@world.std.com (Gregory Aharonian) writes:

>     As if the DoD doesn't have enough ways to undermine Ada acceptance and
>to waste money on promoting Ada software reuse (and coming up with such ways
>faster than I can find out about them and critique them), it seems that the
>DoD has found a new way to screw things up:  patent Ada technology.

Do you have any info yet on what DoD intends to do with the patent?
It is not clear from this post that they will take advantage of the
patent to inhibit distribution and reuse. If they do, I must say I'm
offended as a taxpayer. But you don't provide evidence of that.

Perhaps they will use their rights to propagate this tool. It could
happen, y'know. (I may be a pollyanna, too...)

Mike Feldman