* Looking for a ADA compiler!!!!!!
@ 1993-02-28 18:26 rcbi20
From: rcbi20 @ 1993-02-28 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

--
	I'am currently looking for a good ADA compiler with a very good
programing enviroment.  Made by such large companies as Borland.  If you know
of such a compiler please inform me of how to obtain it.  Thank you!!!

						Jason Haught (The Master)

E-Mail Addresses:

	RCBI20@Marshall.WVnet.edu (Internet) / RCBI20@Marshall (Bitnet)
	HAUGHT1@Mu.WVnet.edu  (Internet) / HAUGHT1@Marshall (Bitnet)
	@Byrd.MU.WVnet.edu:JHaught@RCBINS.MU.WVnet.edu (Internet)

* Re: Looking for a ADA compiler!!!!!!
@ 1993-03-02 15:54 ` Steven Gabrilowitz
From: Steven Gabrilowitz @ 1993-03-02 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <731091755.AA00480@f262.n620.z3.fidonet.org>, compsol@jarrah.canberra.edu.au (ben elliston) writes:

|>  > I'am currently looking for a good ADA compiler with a
|>  > very good
|>  > programing enviroment.  Made by such large companies
|>  > as Borland.  If you know
|>
|> I heard (once upon a time) that Borland wrote Turbo Ada and that it cost some phenomenal amount of money.
|>
|> Is this true?

If it were then wouldn't you be seeing it on the shelves?  If it had cost as much
to develop the thing as it seems it would have to then I can't see Borland keeping
it a secret instead of trying to make some money off their investment!

I think it more likely that they may have considered writing Turbo Ada and then
decided that the development cost would be too high, or the market share too low,
or some other reason for abandoning the project.  Or maybe they're still working
on it?  I tell you, that is something I would *love* to see!

--

I think
I think I am

                            Steve Gabrilowitz
                            Martin Marietta, Orlando Fl.
                            steve-gabrilowitz@orl.mmc.com
                            Fidonet 1:363/1701 (407-380-1701)

* Looking for a ADA compiler!!!!!!
@ 1993-03-02 17:01 ben elliston
From: ben elliston @ 1993-03-02 17:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

 > I'am currently looking for a good ADA compiler with a
 > very good
 > programing enviroment.  Made by such large companies
 > as Borland.  If you know

I heard (once upon a time) that Borland wrote Turbo Ada and that it cost some phenomenal amount of money.

Is this true?

Cheers, Ben