From: wellerd@ajpo.sei.cmu.edu (David Weller)
Subject: Re: Quote for the Day
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1993 19:50:42 EST
Date: 1993-03-18T19:50:42-05:00	[thread overview]

In article <1993Mar18.221819.16340@VFL.Paramax.COM> schrey@prc.unisys.com writes:

>|> It would've been something else - Ada is not a cure-all !
>
>   I know it's not and I didn't say it was.  I've worked with Ada enough
>   to know some of its weaknesses.  One of its strengths, however, is
>   catching at compilation time bugs like the one that caused the phone
>   problem, constraint checking.
>
>        TIM
>--

Um, this was discussed many months ago on this newsgroup.  I believe
the actual culprit was a misplaced "break;" statement (we're talking
5 ESS, right?).  I believe the net result of that discussion (no
pun intended :-) was that, although Ada would have caught that problem,
it could never be proven that Ada would have cured all it's ills (heck,
Ted Holden would claim that 5 ESS would never have been delivered! :-)

In general, I don't think this thread is contributory to Good Karma(tm),
so perhaps we should end it here.  Those that wish to continue should
read posts from a few months (years? time flies when you're having
flames :-) ago.

dgw