* stars.rosslyn.unisys.com ??? ftp still avail ?
@ 1993-03-10  9:54 eyring
From: eyring @ 1993-03-10  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Anyone know what happened to the SAIC Ada bindings
repository at
stars.rosslyn.unisys.com, ie, 128.126.164.2 ?

When I try to ftp there, I get
% ftp 128.126.164.2
Connected to 128.126.164.2.
421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection
ftp>

In the X11 FAQ it says ...

Subject: 135)! Where can I obtain alternate language bindings to X?
..
        The SAIC Ada-X11 bindings are through anonymous ftp in /pub from
stars.rosslyn.unisys.com (128.126.164.2).
..

This used to be available, but recently, last 2 weeks since I have
been checking, it has gone south.

Anyone have any info on this?
--
>Bob Witmer
>Eyring Corp., Flight Simulation Div.
>Salt Lake City, Utah
>eyring@cc.utah.edu

* Re: stars.rosslyn.unisys.com ??? ftp still avail ?
@ 1993-03-10 15:00 ` Gregory Aharonian
From: Gregory Aharonian @ 1993-03-10 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

      From what I hear (since they hate speaking to the public) much
of the SAIC stuff and crew found a new hangout at ASSET.  But since the
DoD has allowed ASSET to exist for at least a year, and not once broadcast a
single item of info to comp.lang.ada (stay tuned for a nice critique of
ASSET), who knows where any of that stuff is now.
	This constant stream of questions on comp.lang.ada asking where
these repositories are, what they are doing, where components are (like CAMP),
and other practical aspects of reuse just reinforces my claim that most
of the DoD software reuse efforts are being mismanaged.  There should be
a monthly FAQ from each of these groups on comp.lang.ada at a minimum,
if nothing else, to let us know they still exist.  Why the DoD tolerates
this is incredible.

Greg Aharonian
Source Translation & Optimization
Greg Aharonian
Source Translation & Optimiztion
P.O. Box 404, Belmont, MA 02178

* Re: stars.rosslyn.unisys.com ??? ftp still avail ?
@ 1993-03-10 15:29 ` Timothy M. Schreyer
From: Timothy M. Schreyer @ 1993-03-10 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <1993Mar10.035457.1@cc.utah.edu>, eyring@cc.utah.edu writes:
|> Anyone know what happened to the SAIC Ada bindings
|> repository at
|> stars.rosslyn.unisys.com, ie, 128.126.164.2 ?
|>
|> When I try to ftp there, I get
|> % ftp 128.126.164.2
|> Connected to 128.126.164.2.
|> 421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection
|> ftp>

   Try stars.ballston.paramax.com.  This is the same site with a
   new name.  The number ID (128.126.164.2) is the same.  They've
   been plugging and unplugging things over there, so the connection
   may have been down.  I FTP'ed there this morning.

      Tim

   P.S. I'd suggest the Ada/Xt code there over the SAIC bindings, even
        if you just want Xlib bindings.  The Ada/Xt system grew from the
        SAIC bindings and has a considerable number of fixes.
--
 Timothy M. Schreyer                         schrey@vfl.paramax.com
 Software Technology R&D                     (215) 648-2475

* SAIC STARS crew
@ 1993-03-10 21:35   ` Howard Turner
From: Howard Turner @ 1993-03-10 21:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

	In <SRCTRAN.93Mar10100006@world.std.com>,
	    srctran@world.std.com (Gregory Aharonian) writes:
	      From what I hear (since they hate speaking to the public) much
	of the SAIC stuff and crew found a new hangout at ASSET.

	[paragraph and a half deleted --HT]

Actually, Mark and I both still work at SAIC and can be reached at the
email addresses provided in the header of every file we produced for STARS.
I just talked to Mark on the 'phone and neither of us knows what ASSET is.
Neither of us "hates speaking to the public", its just that no one asks
us much in a public forum like this newsgroup.  If somebody really wants
to talk to either of us (about anything), we can be reached as follows:

Mark A. Nelson
619.552.3953
mark@esosun.css.gov OR
mark@sait-csg-adm.saic.com

Howard E. Turner Jr.
619.458.2654
howard@esosun.css.gov OR
howard@gso.saic.com

Send us email, we're happy to help out.

Howard E. Turner Jr.
SAIC

* Re: stars.rosslyn.unisys.com ??? ftp still avail ?
@ 1993-03-12  3:04   ` Calvin W. Huey
From: Calvin W. Huey @ 1993-03-12  3:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

This article was probably generated by a buggy news reader.

* Re: stars.rosslyn.unisys.com ??? ftp still avail ?
@ 1993-03-13 20:18     ` Calvin W. Huey
From: Calvin W. Huey @ 1993-03-13 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Let me clear up my last note.  Asset has many ada binding, e.g. X,GKS,
PCTE etc. Said binding and others moities are available to all software
practitioners.  We do not currrently offer anonymous ftp at this time.
If you are interested in obtaining bindings or other moities, please
give us a call or note: huey at hueyc@source.asset.com, 301-240-6450 or
beank@source.asset.com, 304-594-1762.