* binary tree
@ 1993-03-09 16:19 John Wogan
From: John Wogan @ 1993-03-09 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

We need a binary tree package to implement/build an infix to postfix
calculator. Help. Suggestions welcomed.

		Thanks in Advance,

					j.w.

* Re: binary tree
@ 1993-03-09 20:51 ` Michael Feldman
From: Michael Feldman @ 1993-03-09 20:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <jwogan.731693966@unix1.tcd.ie> jwogan@unix1.tcd.ie (John Wogan) writes:
>We need a binary tree package to implement/build an infix to postfix
>calculator. Help. Suggestions welcomed.

Come now! Are you asking us to do your homework for you, or is it part of
the project to go out into the net and find a wheel, so you don't have
to re-invent it? If the latter, contact me by e-mail.

Mike Feldman
Michael B. Feldman
co-chair, SIGAda Education Committee

School of Engineering and Applied Science
The George Washington University
Washington, DC 20052 USA
(202) 994-5253 (voice)
(202) 994-5296 (fax)
mfeldman@seas.gwu.edu (Internet)

"The most important thing is to be sincere,
and once you've learned how to fake that, you've got it made."
-- old show-business adage

* Re: binary tree
@ 1993-03-10 13:17   ` Don Tyzuk
From: Don Tyzuk @ 1993-03-10 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

mfeldman@seas.gwu.edu (Michael Feldman) writes:
>>calculator. Help. Suggestions welcomed.
>>
>Come now! Are you asking us to do your homework for you, or is it part of
>the project to go out into the net and find a wheel, so you don't have
>to re-invent it? If the latter, contact me by e-mail.
Plagarism is copying from a single source, research is copying from
multiple sources...

:-)    <=  N.B. 1320-00-821-9696 Smiley, multi-purpose, standard issue,
                each one for the use of.
                Next higher assembly : 1320-00-821-6969 Humour, sense of.

--
Don Tyzuk				| P.O. Box 1406
Jodrey School of Computer Science	| Wolfville, Nova Scotia

* Re: binary tree
@ 1993-03-17 17:42   ` cis.ohio-state.edu!news.sei.cmu.edu!firth
From: cis.ohio-state.edu!news.sei.cmu.edu!firth @ 1993-03-17 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <1993Mar9.205136.13941@seas.gwu.edu> mfeldman@seas.gwu.edu (Michael
Feldman) writes:

>Come now! Are you asking us to do your homework for you

I hope not, because in that case Mr Wogan is going to fail.  You don't
need a binary-tree package to solve that problem, or anything remotely
as elaborate.  You can do the transformation in one pass with a simple
operator-precedence parser.  Recurse when you hit a left parenthesis.

* Re: binary tree
@ 1993-03-19 21:13     ` Michael Feldman
From: Michael Feldman @ 1993-03-19 21:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <1993Mar17.124217.24190@sei.cmu.edu> firth@sei.cmu.edu (Robert Firth) writes:
>In article <jwogan.731693966@unix1.tcd.ie> jwogan@unix1.tcd.ie (John Wogan) writes:
>>We need a binary tree package to implement/build an infix to postfix
>>calculator. Help. Suggestions welcomed.
>
>In article <1993Mar9.205136.13941@seas.gwu.edu> mfeldman@seas.gwu.edu (Michael Feldman) writes:
>
>>Come now! Are you asking us to do your homework for you
>
>I hope not, because in that case Mr Wogan is going to fail.  You don't
>need a binary-tree package to solve that problem, or anything remotely
>as elaborate.  You can do the transformation in one pass with a simple
>operator-precedence parser.  Recurse when you hit a left parenthesis.

Did you think I felt like telling him that? He has not, by the way,
replied, either to me or to the net. :-)

Mike Feldman