From: magnesium.club.cc.cmu.edu!news.sei.cmu.edu!ajpo.sei.cmu.edu!adainfo@uunet .uu.net  (Michele L. Kee (AdaIC))
Subject: Re: FAQ on Ada products/bindings
Date: 29 Jun 93 17:52:22 GMT	[thread overview]

In article <9306281942.aa03793@Paris.ics.uci.edu> kanderso@mabillon.ICS.UCI.EDU
 (Kenneth Anderson) writes:
>About two weeks ago, I posted an announcement stating that I was
>volunteering to maintain a FAQ on Ada products and Ada bindings.  My
>announcement was, I realize now, not specific enough, as I only had
>two people respond to the announcement.
>
>In order to get this FAQ off the ground, I need two things from the
>readers of comp.lang.ada.
>
>1. Questions
>2. Answers to the Questions
>Ken Anderson

There appears to be some confusion over what type of FAQ Ken Anderson
had volunteered for.

>In a previous message, Ken Anderson writes:
[Subject: Ada products/bindings FAQ setup - posted 9 June 93]

>>In a previous message, Michael Feldman writes:
>>
>>Another approach is to create an FAQ list to which people could send
>>reviews of Ada-related software products and bindings. Maybe if we
>>work REALLY hard at it, we could even make this newsgroup such a forum.
>>Then the good stuff could get put into an FAQ by some willing volunteer.

>I would like to volunteer to maintain a FAQ of this sort.  As I have never
>done this before, I am open to suggestions about the management of this
>FAQ.
> Ken asks questions on how to set up an FAQ...

The Ada Information Clearinghouse is currently maintaining a *general*
comp.lang.ada FAQ.  It is available for downloading via anonymous FTP
from the AJPO host (ajpo.sei.cmu.edu) from the public/comp-lang-ada
subdirectory as files cla-faq1 and cla-faq2.  It was last posted to
comp.lang.ada and news.answer on June 4, 1993.  It includes questions
on POSIX and bindings (See Q&A 18, 22, and 23).

But as Mike said we can't really get into the business of reviewing
products -- many people may want specialized FAQs and FAQs with
personal evaluations of products.

If our data can be of any help to anyone, please feel free to use it
or to call us with questions.
--
Ada Information Clearinghouse (AdaIC)		|  IIT Research Institute
703/685-1477, 800/AdaIC-11, FAX 703/685-7019	|  operates the AdaIC for