From: pitt.edu!gvls1!lonjers@uunet.uu.net  (Jim Lonjers)
Subject: Re: FAQ on Ada products/bindings
Date: 29 Jun 93 13:00:46 GMT	[thread overview]

In article <9306281942.aa03793@Paris.ics.uci.edu> kanderso@mabillon.ICS.UCI.EDU
 (Kenneth Anderson) writes:

>One of my respondents submitted the following questions:
>
>Q: How can I get the POSIX 1003.5 Ada binding?
>   If a vendor does not have it, can I still get the specification
>   for my own purposes?
>
>P.S. Anyone have an answer to the questions above?

1. How can I get the POSIX 1003.5 Binding?
   To get the POSIX Ada Binding Standard (IEEE Std 1003.5-1992), call the
   IEEE at 800-678-IEEE (within the US), or 1-908-981-1393 (outside the US).

   To get a POSIX Ada Binding Implementation, contact your Ada vendor.
   There are some individuals and companies that have built some prototype
   implementations.  I will wait until they post their contact
   information.

2. Can I still get the specification for my own purposes?
   You may get the specification in paper form.  See #1 above.  You will
   soon be able to get the specifications in electronic form.  The IEEE is
   working out the details at the moment (copyright notices, etc.)  I will
   post information about obtaining them as soon as they are available.

How about one more question:

3. What POSIX Ada standards are on the horizon?
   The IEEE POSIX Ada Standards Working Group (IEEE WG1003.5) is currently
   working on an Ada POSIX Real Time Standard with an anticipated
   completion in 1994.  This standard is based on IEEE 1003.4.  It is
   expected to be followed immediately by a standard based on 1003.4a.

Well, one more:

4. Can I influence the content of these standards?
   Public participation in the development of these standards is welcomed.
   To participate, contact Jim Lonjers, lonjers@vfl.paramax.com,
   805-987-9457.

Jim Lonjers
Chair, IEEE WG1003.5

P.S.  I was under the impression that a FAQ was already in development for
this group.  Dave Emery (Mitre Corporation) has put together a set of POSIX
Ada questions and Answers.  The information above is a slight update based
on recent events.