From: cis.ohio-state.edu!math.ohio-state.edu!howland.reston.ans.net!darwin.sura .net!cs.ucf.edu!longwood!crigler@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU  (James Crigler)
Subject: Re: Gauntlet thrown:  OOPSLA program
Date: 24 Jun 93 17:01:25 GMT	[thread overview]

Gregory Aharonian replied (in part) to my original post:
: :
: : Jim, in the spirit of competitiveness that you are showing hear, let
: : ... I have not seen the OOPSLA material you have,
: : but when I do I will show you how to read between the lines.  If you
: : call up all of the people on the program, and ask them where there
: : funding comes from, you will find DARPA funding C++/Smalltalk/Lisp
: : stuff ten to one over Ada in OOPSLA sponsorship.  Thanks to such funding,
: : Ada-whatever is dead in the OOPSLA world.
: [ Partial history of OOP deleted.]

Well, I posted the paragraphs from the brochure, and have heard
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING since.  Are we all mulling the meaning of
it?  Are we all so positively stupified that we can't type?
Are we giving the vendors time to get 47 signatures for
permission to reveal they are exhibiting?  Is resonding to
someone (me) who declares himself a pro-lifer in his sig
beneath our dignity?  (<-- More flame bait.)  Was there a sale
on question marks at Woolworth's?

Come on vendors, respond! Are you exhibiting at OOPSLA?

Jim Crigler