From: aio!usenet@ames.arc.nasa.gov  (John Cobarruvias)
Subject: Re: Public Ada Library (PAL) FAQ
Date: 21 Jun 93 13:08:02 GMT	[thread overview]

In article <SRCTRAN.93Jun20110142@world.std.com> srctran@world.std.com
(Gregory Aharonian) writes:

DO SOMETHING THAT WOULD HELP GREG, WRITE YOUR DAMN CONGRESSMAN. NOT C.L.A!

>    Rick's FAQ, which I find quite excellent, is the kind of marketing
and
>evangelizing that makes an idea (in this case Ada reuse) successful.
>His marketing and evangelizing, a mostly voluntary undertaking, just goes
>to reinforce how little return the country is getting from the DoD reuse
>centers at ASSET/VCOE/DSRO.  Their funding sould be halted, and if spent,
>have it spent by Rick.  Why the STARS program tolerates the waste going
on
>at ASSET is beyond understanding.  They post nothing to the Internet,
>their collections reflection no interest in active solicitation of
reusble
>software, they make no use of information distribution technology like
>CD-ROMs, their customer support features (800 numbers) are extravagant
>lavious ways to spend tax dollars, etc.
>
>    Shut them down, and give them money to Rick.
>--

> Greg Aharonian
> Source Translation & Optimization
> P.O. Box 404, Belmont, MA 02178

John R. Cobarruvias, Texas A&M Class of '78,
NASA Johnson Space Center Houston Tx.
(713)483-9357

"Your pain will be legendary" (Hellraiser I)
"And to think..................I hesitated" (Hellraiser II)
"These pins are killing me!" (Pinhead in Hellraiser IV)