From: magnesium.club.cc.cmu.edu!news.sei.cmu.edu!ajpo.sei.cmu.edu!wellerd@uunet .uu.net  (David Weller)
Subject: Re: Software Magazine ranks Independent SW Vendors
Date: 9 Jul 93 11:17:41 GMT	[thread overview]

In article <21j2oq$561@nic.lth.se> dag@control.lth.se (Dag Bruck) writes:
>In <comp.lang.ada> emery@goldfinger.mitre.org (David Emery) writes:
>> Of particular interest is that Rational is ranked #4 ...
>> in percentage spent on R&D (31%).
>
>Hasn't Rational recently developed a C++ environment?  That ought to
>be costly, considering the lack of support from the language :-).
>
>		-- Dag Bruck, enthusiastic C++ user

To my knowledge, Rational isn't developing a C++ environment.  Perhaps
you are referring to  (BLATANT ADVERTISING WARNING):
Rational Apex.  Rational's new software development environment for
Ada, running exclusively within Unix (bye-bye expensive hardware!).
It is currently running under RS/6000s and SPARC platforms.  I don't
know if it's available for other platforms (I'm not speaking for Rational,
I'm just reading their announcement on my desk).  It runs under
X (using the Motif user interface), and doesn't appear to be like
the "old" environment AT ALL (OK, that's my guess, looking at the tiny
1" picture on the announcement).

--
-Comments above aren't neceessarily the opinion of the SEI, AJPO, or CAE-Link-
David Weller  |  Have you hugged your DRAGOON lately?