* Reposting
@ 1993-07-21 15:30 cis.ohio-state.edu!math.ohio-state.edu!darwin.sura.net!source.asset.com!h
From: cis.ohio-state.edu!math.ohio-state.edu!darwin.sura.net!source.asset.com!h @ 1993-07-21 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

                                 mfeldman@seas.gwu.edu writes:

>In article <conn.742651385@wuarchive.wustl.edu> conn@wuarchive.wustl.edu
>(Richard Conn) writes:
>>progers@ajpo.sei.cmu.edu (Pat Rogers) writes:
>>
>>>Does anyone know of an interpreter for (a subset of) Ada?  For example,
>>>the UCI Arcturus project, I believe, had such a beast. Is there a public
>>>domain tool available?
>>
>>>Many thanks,
>>>Pat Rogers
>>>
>>There are the GWU SmallAda and NYU Ada/Ed offerings in the PAL, Pat.
>>They are not interpreters, tho.
>>
>Well, yes and no. Both SmallAda and Ada/Ed are both compilers and interpreters
.
>Ada is compiled in both cases to a "P-code" lower-level language. This is then
>"executed" by an interpreter.
>
>If what you are looking for is an interpreter that will, say, immediately
>execute a line of Ada code typed at the terminal, like a Basic interpreter,
>you might look at ACE, the Ada Command Environment developed by (for) STARS.
>at one point it was available from STARS by anonymous ftp. I don't know its
>current status.

ACE version 8.0 can be retrieved through ASSET (Asset Source for
Software Engineering Technology). The abstract follows:

ASSET_A_153:  ACE (Ada Command Environment)
     The Ada Command Environment (ACE) is an interactive Ada
environment coupled with a set of Ada abstract data types (ADTs).  The
interactive environment allows users to rapidly prototype general Ada
applications, while the ADTs allow prototyping of applications for
particular domains, such as X Window System applications.  In
addition, the ADTs provide an Ada view of underlying applications,
which when combined with the interactive environment replaces the
traditional role of a command language.  When using ACE, Ada becomes
the command language as well as the programming language.  This
version of ACE includes support for X Window System prototyping.  This
asset includes the ACE Users Manual.

Access is unrestricted. You must have an ASSET account to retrieve it,
which are available free to all software practitioners, and accessible
via TELNET or dial-in.  Account and information requests should be
sent to Info@source.asset.com or call (304)594-3954.

only message in thread, other threads:[~1993-07-21 15:30 UTC | newest]