* Draft Ada 9X Reference Manual
@ 1993-07-01 19:01 cis.ohio-state.edu!math.ohio-state.edu!howland.reston.ans.net!noc.near.ne
From: cis.ohio-state.edu!math.ohio-state.edu!howland.reston.ans.net!noc.near.ne @ 1993-07-01 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

A preliminary draft (version 3.0) of the Ada 9X reference
manual is now available for anonymous FTP on ajpo.sei.cmu.edu.

NOTE WELL:

This is NOT the final version, and so be warned that some changes
(hopefully relatively few) are still expected before the draft
is circulated as an ISO SC22 Committee Draft (CD) standard (that is
expected to happen in September of this year).  Even the September
CD draft is still subject to change -- changes are possible until
it is an official International Standard (expected sometime
late next 1994), but as we progress through the standardization
process, the size of each change should become smaller and smaller.

In any case...

The files are available in the following well hidden place
on ajpo.sei.cmu.edu (they may move to a more public place
relatively shortly):

    public/ada9x/mrtcomments/rm9x/v3.0

and

    public/ada9x/mrtcomments/rm9x/v3.0.compressed

In these directories you will find PostScript for the
Ada 9X Reference Manual (RM9X) and an annotated version,
the Annotated Ada9X Reference Manual (AARM).

There is also ASCII output for RM9X (ASCII output for the AARM
loses too much information because of the loss of font typeface
and font size).

In the uncompressed directory, the ASCII output has been broken
up into a bunch of files, all less than 100K bytes, making
them transferable reliably via e-mail as well as FTP.

The documents in these v3.0 directories supersede all previous mapping
specifications (MS-*), integrated language specifications (ILS-*), etc.
These documents do not supersede the Mapping Rationale, which
is still in the process of being updated to reflect the more
recent changes, and will not be available until September.

Happy reading.  Each document has instructions for submitting
comments.  Please follow those instructions carefully if you
want your comments to be read and considered.

S. Tucker Taft                   stt@inmet.com
Ada 9X Mapping/Revision Team     ada9x-mrt@inmet.com
Intermetrics, Inc.
Cambridge, MA  02138

* Re: Draft Ada 9X Reference Manual
@ 1993-07-02  2:13 Michael Feldman
From: Michael Feldman @ 1993-07-02  2:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <C9I25v.KGt@inmet.camb.inmet.com> stt@spock.camb.inmet.com (Tucker T
aft) writes:
>A preliminary draft (version 3.0) of the Ada 9X reference
>manual is now available for anonymous FTP on ajpo.sei.cmu.edu.

[stuff deleted]

>The files are available in the following well hidden place
>on ajpo.sei.cmu.edu (they may move to a more public place
>relatively shortly):
>
>    public/ada9x/mrtcomments/rm9x/v3.0
>
>and
>
>    public/ada9x/mrtcomments/rm9x/v3.0.compressed

[stuff deleted]

Thank you for announcing this, Tucker! I do think it should move up
one level, or over to ada9x/ada9x.reports. The uninitiated will never
know what "mrtcomments" means, let alone to look for the RM there!

At least have AdaIC put in a symbolic link from the decent location
to the "real" copy in the indecent one.

Thanks!

Mike Feldman
Michael B. Feldman -  co-chair, SIGAda Education Committee
The George Washington University -  Washington, DC 20052 USA
202-994-5253 (voice) - 202-994-5296 (fax) - mfeldman@seas.gwu.edu (Internet)
"Pork is what those other guys get from the Government."