From: csn!news.den.mmc.com!iplmail!jcrigler@migs.ucar.edu  (Jim Crigler)
Subject: Re: US Army agrees with Admiral Tuttle, for AI and not-Ada
Date: 16 Jul 93 12:53:24 GMT	[thread overview]

Greg Aharonian (srctran@world.std.com) wrote about my comment about his
use of statistics:

: I don't claim my statistics that I post are accurate.  I will claim
: that they are the only statistics that do exist for Ada activities.
: In fact someone from the Army challenge me about this particular
: statistic, and my response was "Fine, show me a list of Army AI
: projects in Ada".

Anybody care to charge this red flag?  Unless Greg is repudiated with _facts_,
I think we have to believe him.

[...]
: My databases have it - so should these professionally run operations.

I don't _think_ you meant to exclude yourself from the set
{professionally run operations} ;-)

: In general (or in admiral) one reason that I don't believe the DoD
: really [cares] about Ada is that the DoD refuses to collect data
: revealing exactly what is going on with the language inside and
: outside the DoD.  In the business world, such ignorance of
: demographics is a sure route to bankruptcy.

: 	I presented a ton of data at WadaS [...]

... which I was sad to have missed.

: Admittedly, my data isn't the most accurate (I don't have the plush
: rugs like SEI does) but it is the only data that exists, a sad
: commentary on DoD support for Ada.

See my response to the first exerpted paragraph.  Any challenges?

Jim Crigler
I can't figure out what Martin Marietta's opinion _is_, much less
speak for it.