From: amoroso@ghost.dsi.unimi.it (paolo amoroso)
Subject: Re: Ada compilers and cross-compilers
Date: 26 Jan 93 12:37:36 GMT	[thread overview]

If you are interested in freely redistributable implementations of
Ada, you can look at the posting "Catalog of compilers, interpreters
and other language tools [part 1/2]" by David Muir Sharnoff in
comp.lang.misc.

I have the "Janus Ada Compiler 2.1.3" by RR Software for MS-DOS. I
bought it some months ago by mail from UK for the equivalent of about
$ 100. I like it because of its high performance/price ratio. The
compiler, which is of course validated, generates code for the small
and large memory models. It comes with several libraries (including
the one for tasking and one for accessing DOS services) and some
tools (a make, a library manager, a linker, etc.).
The package includes JET (Janus Extended Tutorial), a tutorial with
code samples on disk and a quiz program.
RR Software also produces a version of the compiler for 386 systems
and, if I remember well, one for UNIX. Other programming tools are
available (additional libraries, a debugger, a profiler, etc.).
If you have questions, send e-mail to my home address.

Paolo Amoroso - Via Pietro Boifava, 24 - 20142 Milano - ITALY
paolo@explora.sublink.ORG (Home) - amoroso@ghost.dsi.unimi.it (Univ.)
--
Paolo Amoroso - Via Pietro Boifava, 24 - 20142 Milano - ITALY