* On-line lrm
@ 1993-01-19 10:42 dog.ee.lbl.gov!overload.lbl.gov!agate!doc.ic.ac.uk!uknet!pcl!priestm
From: dog.ee.lbl.gov!overload.lbl.gov!agate!doc.ic.ac.uk!uknet!pcl!priestm @ 1993-01-19 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

I would like to have available, for teaching purposes only, a version of the
LRM that can be read in the GNU Emacs info system.  I have the ascii version
from ajpo.sei.cmu.edu (I think), but I am reluctant to convert it by hand!
Does anybody know

* if there would be any copyright or related problems in doing this;

* whether anybody has done it already;

* (if the previous two answers are "no") if there's a quick way of converting
it!

Thanks
--
Mark Priestley      	    	    Email:  	M.Priestley@uk.ac.westminster
School of Computer Science ...

* Re: On-line lrm
@ 1993-01-19 22:53 agate!dog.ee.lbl.gov!hellgate.utah.edu!peruvian.cs.utah.edu!matwood
From: agate!dog.ee.lbl.gov!hellgate.utah.edu!peruvian.cs.utah.edu!matwood @ 1993-01-19 22:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <1993Jan19.104214.29442@westminster.ac.uk>, priestm@westminster.ac.u
k (Mark Priestley) writes:

>I would like to have available, for teaching purposes only, a version of the
>LRM that can be read in the GNU Emacs info system.  I have the ascii version
>from ajpo.sei.cmu.edu (I think), but I am reluctant to convert it by hand!
>Does anybody know
>
>* if there would be any copyright or related problems in doing this;
>
>* whether anybody has done it already;
>
>* (if the previous two answers are "no") if there's a quick way of converting
>it!

I dont thing that there is a problem with the copyright, as long as you dont
modify the text of the LRM.

I've done it.  It was about 12 hours work.

I'd send it to you, but it is on a non-networked machine, and there are
some problems with things like indentation and margins.

--
Mark Atwood                  :: Being a kitten is it's own excuse.
matwood@peruvian.cs.utah.edu ::

* On-Line LRM
@ 1993-01-21 18:58 DeGrant, Kenneth L
From: DeGrant, Kenneth L @ 1993-01-21 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a version of the LRM, but it is an executable for MS-DOS
with a good menu-driven interface.  It is shareware at one of the
sites ( wuarchive, I think ).

I enjoy it, because it was easy to use.
--
degrant@seq.uncwil.edu
degrant_kl@wl.corning.com

* Re: On-Line LRM
@ 1993-01-23 17:09 agate!spool.mu.edu!uwm.edu!rpi!utcsri!newsflash.concordia.ca!mizar.cc.uma
From: agate!spool.mu.edu!uwm.edu!rpi!utcsri!newsflash.concordia.ca!mizar.cc.uma @ 1993-01-23 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

In <1993Jan21.185843.26964@seq.uncwil.edu> degrant@seq.uncwil.edu (DeGrant, Ken
neth L) writes:

>I have a version of the LRM, but it is an executable for MS-DOS
>with a good menu-driven interface.  It is shareware at one of the
>sites ( wuarchive, I think ).

>I enjoy it, because it was easy to use.

That's exactly what I'd like to get my hands on.  You wouldn't know the
name of this LRM program would you?  Or which directory?

Rick
| Rick Lippens, Year IV (Honors) [Co-op] Computer Science                     |
| Internet Address: umlippen@CCU.UManitoba.CA  University of Manitoba, Canada |