From: gast@cs.ucla.edu
Subject: Two "Simple" I/O Questions
Date: 5 Feb 93 08:30:09 GMT	[thread overview]

Essentially, I just want a program like "cp" or "cat".  All it has
to do is copy the input to the output.  I have found two problems.

1) Text_IO does not handle 8-bit characters.  Is there another
   package which does?

2) If there are multiple <eol>s at the end of a file, only one
   get reads.  A skipline at this point skips over all the trailing
   <eol>s.  There is a sample program in a book which says it copies
   input to output exactly, but it fails on this case.  Perhaps it
   is a compiler error.  Any solutions?

Thanks

David

gast@cs.ucla.edu