From: mfeldman@seas.gwu.edu (Michael Feldman)
Subject: Re: Linear algebra packages in Ada
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1993 18:40:27 GMT
Date: 1993-02-27T18:40:27+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <1993Feb27.001905.36427@source.asset.com> hueyc@source.asset.com (Calvin W. Huey) writes:

>From time to time, I have responded to question outside of the internet
>regarding Ada/software reuse etc.  Since it is our mission, ASSET's,
>to develope a reuse market place, please send your reuse/ada questions
>to this bb and to me at asset:hueyc@source.asset.com.  Additionally, mind
>you, you should get a subscription to Asset by sending a note to me or
>beank@source.asset.com.  I can also be reached at 301-240-6450.

I'm very glad to see this post! One of my concerns - as you
know if you read comp.lang.ada - has been that various funded reuse/
repository/info organizations within the general Ada world have tended
to "sit waiting for the phone to ring" instead of reaching out e.g. to the
relevant Internet groups. In my opinion, our tax dollars are well-spent
in this sort of outreach. Keep it up! I hope to see you guys answering
pertinent questions as often as they arise.

There is, of course, no need for you to get into the shouting matches
into which the newsgroups often degenerate. I think we both believe that
if we raise the signal-to-noise ratio it will be good for everyone,
and will tend to cause the nay-sayers to pipe down because they will
have less to scream about. Let's all be voices of reason...

Cheers -

Mike Feldman
Michael B. Feldman
co-chair, SIGAda Education Committee

School of Engineering and Applied Science
The George Washington University
Washington, DC 20052 USA
(202) 994-5253 (voice)
(202) 994-5296 (fax)
mfeldman@seas.gwu.edu (Internet)

"The most important thing is to be sincere,
and once you've learned how to fake that, you've got it made."
-- old show-business adage