From: wellerd@ajpo.sei.cmu.edu (David Weller)
Subject: Re: Ada9X, DRAGOON, etc.
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1993 18:41:52 EST
Date: 1993-02-26T18:41:52-05:00	[thread overview]

In article <SRCTRAN.93Feb26102644@world.std.com> srctran@world.std.com (Gregory Aharonian) writes:

>    But Mike's statements implicitly contradict each other and portend
>a sad future for Ada9X - that it will be less accepted in the non-mandated
>world than Ada83.  I do not believe that the current Ada vendors will be
>able to change their ways.  Even now, one of them, Rational, is gradually
>moving away from the Ada world to the C++ world (as evidenced by the ads
>with Grady Booch's smiling face pushing the C++ version of the Booch
>components).

Your claim that Rational is moving away from Ada is false.  You observed
Rational expanding into the C++ domain (which is a good thing) and
concluded a weakening in the Ada domain.  Nothing is further from the truth.
Also, keep in mind, Grady's smiling face pushing conferences like
"C++ by Design" does not imply Rational is throwing their hands up
on Ada.  Grady doesn't always speak for Rational.

>Greg Aharonian
>Source Translation & Optimization
>"Fund me or flame me - anything else is an insult"
>--

OK, I guess it was a flame :-)

dgw