* Re: Ada/Ed problems
@ 1993-02-25 15:19 agate!howland.reston.ans.net!paladin.american.edu!darwin.sura.net!seas.gw
From: agate!howland.reston.ans.net!paladin.american.edu!darwin.sura.net!seas.gw @ 1993-02-25 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <1993Feb25.093047.17393@ghost.dsi.unimi.it> labenrsa@ICIL64.CILEA.IT
 writes:

>Have you ever used Ada/Ed by NYU ?
Yes, quite a bit.

>Well, i consider it a really interesting software but ...last week i tried to
>install it on my PC and it gave this problem :
>
>after creation of a simple example (like "hello world") i typed :
>
>         adaed -n -l testlib prova
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ -- I think you mean "adacomp"

>well, the risult was :
>         unable to open file c:\adaed\predef.axq for reading
>         Ada/Ed Internal error(SEM) for prova
>
>Let me note that in prova.lis no errors were detected and all operations
>in autoexec.bat have been done.
But you did not tell us which things were in your autoexec. I would be
willing to bet that you didn't set up the environment variable. The
message is telling you that the library file for the predefined libraries
could not be found.

>The DOS current release is 5.0 and the pc is a 386 DX (4 Mb RAM).
This is not the problem. It is somewhere in your setup.

>I reported this problem to adaed@cs.nyu.edu two times but WITHOUT ANY RESPONSE
.
They are busy working on GNAT these days and don't respond much to
Ada/Ed e-mail.

>If you fixed this problem or if you  know another Ada interpeter/compiler for
>pc available on anonymous ftp account...
Check your documentation and make sure your setup is OK. Also, if you
copied Ada/Ed from a colleague, make sure you got all the files. The
directory containing the Ada/Ed executables should also contain
predef.axq
predef.lib
predef.trc

This is the only Ada system available by ftp. Let me know by e-mail if
this is helpful.

Mike Feldman
Michael B. Feldman
co-chair, SIGAda Education Committee

School of Engineering and Applied Science
The George Washington University
Washington, DC 20052 USA
(202) 994-5253 (voice)
(202) 994-5296 (fax)
mfeldman@seas.gwu.edu (Internet)

"The most important thing is to be sincere,
and once you've learned how to fake that, you've got it made."
-- old show-business adage

only message in thread, other threads:[~1993-02-25 15:19 UTC | newest]