From: news.udel.edu!darwin.sura.net!seas.gwu.edu!mfeldman@louie.udel.edu  (Mich ael Feldman)
Subject: Re: Ada Coding Rules
Date: 21 Feb 93 01:45:23 GMT	[thread overview]

In article <1993Feb18.114045.11990@hsacsd.signaal.nl> jacobs@hsacsd.signaal.nl
writes:

>We are looking to literature and/or tools for Ada Coding Rules.
>
>These rules should cover (at least) the following topics like:
>  - the layout of the source code files (headers, indentation, etc.)
>  - naming conventions (for all kind of identifiers)
>  - the use of Ada (avoidance of complex constructions, side-effects).

You can ftp the Ada Quality and Style Guide from ajpo.sei.cmu.edu.
This useful set of recommendations was developed by the Software
Productivity Consortium and endorsed as a set of _recommendations_
by AJPO. It's no panacea (what is?), but it's a useful document.
I was a reviewer of the document, so I know it reasonably well.

Mike Feldman
Michael B. Feldman
co-chair, SIGAda Education Committee

School of Engineering and Applied Science
The George Washington University
Washington, DC 20052 USA
(202) 994-5253 (voice)
(202) 994-5296 (fax)
mfeldman@seas.gwu.edu (Internet)

"The most important thing is to be sincere,
and once you've learned how to fake that, you've got it made."
-- old show-business adage