From: cis.ohio-state.edu!pacific.mps.ohio-state.edu!linac!uwm.edu!wupost!howlan
Subject: cost of ownership
Date: 18 Feb 93 14:07:53 GMT	[thread overview]

One of the claims made by Ada programmers and their managers is that
using Ada will reduce the lifecycle cost of ownership of a large
system.  This certainly is a claim that is made on the program I am
working on.

However, I have not been able to find any actual cost numbers to
justify this claim.  The numbers I would be looking for would include
the number of O&M, development, and test staff per maintained SLOC,
the number of incident reports (IRs) and standard change forms (SCFs)
generated during specified periods of time after delivery of the
system, how long it takes to analyze an IR and how long it takes to
build and integrate a fix, etc.

If anyone has any data (preferably actuals) that they could share with
me, please contact me at bds@mbunix.mitre.org.  Thanks very much.

Barry Smith